An exhibition stand about Sir George Oatley to mark the 150th anniversary of his birth in 1863. This is going to be placed in various Oatley-designed buildings owned by the University of Bristol. It is seen here in the Entrance Hall of the Wills Memorial Building.
In 2009 Sarah curated ‘The University of Bristol’s Buildings: Past, Present and Future’, as part of the University’s centenary celebrations. This was held at the Architecture Centre, Bristol, from 1 July-31 August 2009. The exhibition included 27 exhibition panels, architectural models, and digitised archive films.
Some of the many complimentary comments from the visitors’ book:
• Congratulations on an excellent exhibition!
• Very interesting exhibition – lovely pictures
• Very informative and well curated
• Amazing model and great video
• Impeccably researched and presented. I congratulate the curator
• Excellent exhibition, I especially like the combination of models and photographs. More please
• GREAT STUFF! THANK YOU
• Excellent. The Centre should do more exhibitions like this
• Interesting work and excellent panels
• Learnt a lot more about Bristol’s buildings. Very interesting! Thank you!
• Stunning. Lovely, beautiful buildings!
• Great information, beautiful buildings